Pics and stories from Adam and David and Erez and's trip to Oz

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Fuck You too Airport exchange rate, and Jet lag does not exist

We are finally in Oz, and adventure number one is Adam's lack of money. Its always a good idea to bring some cash with you, so i brought a few hundred dollars american. This costs 375 CDN and is worth a little over 425 AUD. But not at the stupid Sydney airport, where they offered to give me 320 AUD for it. Note that is a $100 difference. But I still needed some cash so I did exchange 30 USD and got 29.50 AUD for it... you read that right, and yes the airport rips you off that much.

On a side note, David and I are barely if at all Jet lagged, the flight from LAX to Sydney was not bad at all (the 13 hours really seemed to go buy pretty quick).
We were at the Sydney airport for five hours before finally getting on a plane to Melbourne, which is where we are now. (Long first day, note the 23hrs of plane time spanned over 28 hrs.)

But it was fun, we had good company.
A pure tribute to David and My ability to make friends quickly, we met a whole bunch of backpackers in LA on the stop over and went for dinner together. Now we have some friends... Well I have some friends, I dont think they like David.

Here are todays pics


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

View My Stats